The Eastern Whitebud tree, Cercis canadensis alba, is best known for their profuse white pea-like flowers. The heart-shaped leaves of this redbud tree are 3-5″ across and its fruit are brown flat pods about 2-3″ long. The trunk of this small tree usually branches close to the ground resulting in a spreading flat-topped to rounded crown. This small deciduous tree is adaptable to other soil types but will not grow well in permanently wet or poorly drained soil. It is used as an ornamental or patio tree.
Scientific Name or Common Names: Cercis canadensis alba
To read expert reviews, buy, or read details about
Eastern Whitebud – Cercis canadensis alba
Incoming search terms:
- whitebud tree
- eastern whitebud tree
- cercis canadensis alba
- eastern whitebud
- eastern white bud
- whitebud tree bloom time
- white bud trees
- where can i buy eastern whitebud
- redbud texas whitebud
- American ElmAmerican Elm American Elm The American Elm tree, Ulmus americana, is the largest and most wide spread elm tree in...
- Sweet Bay MagnoliaSweet Bay Magnolia Sweet Bay Magnolia The Sweetbay Magnolia tree, Magnolia virginiana , is also called sweetbay, swampbay, or swamp...
- MayhawMayhaw Mayhaw The Mayhaw tree, Crataegus aestivalis, is a slow-growing native North American tree that reaches a height of 30...
- Water OakWater Oak Water Oak The Water Oak tree, Quercus nigra, is also known as a spotted oak or possum oak....
- White AshWhite Ash White Ash The White Ash tree, Fraxinus Americana, is a handsome native tree. It develops an open and...